Less than 10 tables are still available for the zine fest, so register soon if you plan on coming!
Vendor tables are now on sale on a first come basis!
First, a few rules:
Asheville Zine Fest is an exhibition for independent publishers, small press and creators of zines, comics, chapbooks, anthologies, pamphlets, and other readables. If you’re not sure your work fits these categories please ask before applying. We understand you have other ventures you may want to promote at your table but we are asking that 75% of your table space be used for the above items. You may use the other 25% for other items you’ve created (stickers, shirts, records, artwork, etc.).
We aim to be a family friendly event so we ask vendors to label any mature content so parents will know before approaching the table. We reserve the right to remove any problematic material in the interest of providing a safe space for all our attendees.
We also aim to be a safe space event for all. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, and any other forms of discrimination or harrassment.
Okay, that’s the rules. Now the fun part! We have two options for tabling at the Asheville Zine Fest:
1: Full table, 6 feet, for $40
2: Half table, 3 feet, for $20 (you share a rented table). *If you have someone you want to share with, rent a full table and tell us both vendors info.
To reserve a table please send payment via Paypal to email@example.com with the following information:
- Primary Contact and contact email
- List of people using the table (full names)
- A short description of what you plan on selling
- Website where people can see your stuff (for advertising, leading up to the event)
- A short bio for our website
No table is guaranteed until payment is received.
We can’t wait to see you all on May 7th!
Tables will go on sale right here on January 1st, 2017! We look forward to having you all at the second annual Asheville Zine Fest on May 7th, 2017.
Reminder 60 % of what your selling needs to be small press, zines, self published works, art books or minicomics.
Asheville Zine Fest 2017 will take place at the, Refinery Creator Space, on Sunday May 7th, 2017 between 11-4pm. The event will once again be free to attend.
Our new location gives us more space for more zinesters and the building houses many working artist studios which will add to the festivities of the day. The Refinery Creator Space is located in the South Slope area of downtown Asheville with nearby breweries, stores and eateries.
Details on getting a table for the fest will be available in the coming weeks. We can’t wait to see everyone in May.
The first edition of the zine fest went off amazingly. We had people shopping from open to close and the vendors were superb! Below are some photos and a brief video walkthrough of the first Asheville Zine Fest. Thank you to everyone who came. We are already working on 2017!
Youtube video walkthrough of part of the show floor.
and a review of the zine fest from Geek Potpourri
Again, Thanks for coming and making 2016 an awesome day!
We are on the home stretch to the Zine Fest.
Here’s a roundup of the most important info.
Zine Fest will take place at the Grey Eagle at 185 Clingman Ave, in Asheville NC from 11-4pm on Sunday May 1st. It is free to attend.
Our list of amazing zinesters and vendors can be found here.
Two pre-fest events are happening at Asheville Bookworks and Firestorm Books. Details on those here
And we couldn’t pull this off without our sponsors. They are listed here.
Up to the minute news on our Twitter
See everyone May 1st!
The Hop Ice Creamery will be serving up delicious ice cream during the zine fest.
More about them from their website:
The Hop Ice Cream Cafe has been proudly serving Asheville, NC since 1978 with premium quality homemade Dairy & Vegan Ice Cream and Sorbet, Fair trade Coffee and Espresso, unique specialty desserts and more. In addition we host a variety of Birthday Parties, Free Family Friendly Entertainment, and special events at each of our three Asheville locations.
There are a few zine related events happening in Asheville before the zine fest and we want to get the word out! Get more details at our other events page.
Lean Mean Zine Throwdown with Risograph
Zine Mini Workshop at Asheville Bookworks
Saturday, April 30th
Pioneers Press Reading at Firestorm Cafe & Books
Saturday, April 30th
“Sick Sad Asheville is a local D.I.Y punk zine that focuses on anti oppressive topics, consensual sexual awareness, harm reduction, herbal medicine, horoscopes, show reviews, album reviews, show calendars, pet adoption, political cartoons,etc. We will also be distributing prison abolition zines, harm reduction zines, and punk rock comics!!!”
A whole new force in the independent comic book market has emerged. In this modern age of superhero domination, there is a hunger for alternative stories. So out of necessity, numerous independent creators have come together to launch “EVOLUTION COMICS INC.”